Lawyers of Distinction member William Marler, Esq., and his law firm, Marler Clark, has filed a lawsuit against the popular Mexican fast food restaurant chain El Toro. The lawsuit was filed on January 12, 2018 in the Pierce County Superior Court on behalf of Erica Cecchi, who reported feeling ill after eating at two different El Toro restaurants in the Tacoma area. Cecchi is one of over four hundred people who have complained of feeling ill after dining at two of the Tacoma based El Toro restaurants. Cecchi stated that she first started to feel sick after she ate at the Westgate El Toro on January 2, 2018. She said her meal consisted of steak fajitas, chips, and salsa.
Marler Clark is pursuing personal injuries relating to the illness Cecchi had after dining at the El Toro restaurant chain. They claim that after Cecchi dined at El Toro restaurant, she began feeling sick. Her symptoms included severe vomiting, diarrhea, chills, fever, fatigue, and migraines.
This lawsuit could not come at a worse time for the Tacoma based El Toro restaurants. An unusually high number of illnesses began to flow into the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department within the past couple of weeks, forcing the El Toro Westgate location to close down on January 8, 2018 for a thorough cleaning and inspection. On January 10, 2018, the health department was forced to also close the University Place location for a thorough cleaning and inspection as well. Both of these locations were able to be reopened the next business day. After these reports came in, three other El Toro restaurants were closed for precautionary measures.
The Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department is still currently investigating this outbreak of illnesses at the El Toro restaurants. The department plans on continuing interviewing more diners who have complained of feeling sick after dining at an El Toro restaurant. Although the department still does not the exact cause of this outbreak, they do know that the common factor in all of these reports is eating at the El Toro restaurant chain.
William Marler, Esq., and the Marler Clark law firm specialize in food poisoning cases. Mr. Marler is best known for representing numerous plaintiffs who reported feeling sick after eating at a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant in 1993. In that outbreak, there were over seven hundred people from four western states who reported feeling ill. Best of luck to Mr. Marler and his law firm with handling this case.